vrijdag 23 november 2007

PREDATOR (Kay Scarpetta, forensic pathologist by Patricia Cornwell)



Dr. Kay Scarpetta working for the National Forensic Academy in Hollywood, Florida gets involved in the case of an apparent suicide through Peter Marino. Also, she’s involved in a behavioral studies program in Massachusetts called PREDATOR by Benton Wesley that studies the brains of serial killers. Of course, the bodies soon start to pile up. Add to this the trouble Lucy has with her brain tumor and mysterious new lover, a very troubled Marino (who gets a biker stud makeover), a psycho called Hog and a lot of office back-stabbing and you’ve got one complicated novel.
I was curious to see how Cornwell would tie all these plotlines up in neatly fashion. I ended up a bit disappointed. This novel seemed more cinematic to me than usual, I’m still not sure if I liked that.
Cornwell takes some chances with this bestselling series, using the third person to narrate it this time and shaking up the status quo of some characters. I applaud her for that. The plotting however in general seemed a bit weak to me. Too many unresolved threads.

Geen opmerkingen: